Cable tricep workouts
You are at the right place if you are looking for the Best cable tricep workouts for gaining muscle mass and toning your arms.
Don’t think just biceps that make for bigger, more defined arms. When it comes to arms, the greatest portion of the upper arm is the triceps.
You might not be able to see them, but the triceps actually make up around two-thirds of your upper arm! So, if you’re looking to fill out those sleeves, with well-developed arms, it’s important to activate all three tricep heads. cable tricep workouts
Strong arms are important for almost every upper body movement you do each day and your triceps are often the heavy lifters. Anytime you push something—whether it be a door, a stroller, a lawnmower, or a barbell—you’re using your triceps. cable tricep workouts
Strength is important and, for many people, so is having toned arms.
This Blog contains detailed descriptions of all major triceps cable exercises that focus on the triceps muscles, including the lateral head, the long head, and the medial head. See the diagram for the location of each of these triceps heads. The triceps cable exercises are divided into pushdown, extension, and kickback exercises.
Triceps Brachii Anatomy and It Functions
Triceps brachii, or simply triceps, are a three-headed muscle opposite of the biceps and are responsible for 2/3 of upper arm mass. Big triceps make the arms look big, which is contrary to the popularity of big biceps, which are smaller in comparison. cable tricep workouts
So it’s essential to focus on and work the three tricep head muscles for maximum gains. When we know about the anatomy of the triceps, then we can easily and effectively train with these triceps exercises.
The triceps is a large muscle on the back of the arm. It consists of 3 parts, the medial, lateral, and long head. It begins just below the socket of the shoulder blade and at two distinct areas of the humerus.
- Long head: The largest part of the tricep that runs along the back of the upper arm.
- Lateral head: The smallest of the three muscles that is located on the outside of the arm.
- Medial head: Located right around the middle of the upper arm.
Advantages of Strong Triceps
In fact, your strength isn’t measured by the size of your bicep but by the force in your tricep. If you want to push more weight, you need to build stronger triceps.
A strong tricep helps to create the balance needed for a strong bicep. And where you have balanced, strong muscles, you’re less likely to have injuries too. There are many other benefits of Strong triceps.
- Strong triceps help with shoulder stability and improve your range of motion
- Triceps main responsibilities are extending the elbow joint or simply straightening the arm.
- Strong triceps help keep your joints healthy, particularly your elbow joint.
- Increase in overall arm strength, power and endurance.
- Allows you to lift heavier during other lifts like bench presses and shoulder presses.
- A big tricep is what makes your arm muscles look bigger and more defined, too!
Benefits of cable tricep workouts
The cable tricep workout offer an effective way to train the triceps, let’s have a look at some other benefits of cable tricep workout with a cable machine arm workout.
- Cable tricep workouts are more evenly distributed, and you have more of a constant load on your shoulder muscles throughout the whole range of motion.
- The triceps cable exercises offer almost unmatched versatility because you can change up the load, angle, grip positioning and body positioning easily. With the ability to change all these variables, it’s less likely you’ll get bored by using the cable machine, as you’re mostly limited by your imagination on how you can use it.
- The cable setup gives your muscles almost uninterrupted time under tension, and a huge pump — each of which can help optimize muscle growth.
If you found this blog helpful, then do share it with your friends or share it on social media so that we can reach more people and can grow our website. Also, if you know of any other alternative exercises, then do mention that in the comment section below.
For the latest news and updates please follow us on Instagram.